Due to the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic, St. Peter’s Council has established an ad-hoc Committee to deliberate whether we should resume on site worship, and to review all safety precautions. The Committee meets monthly via Zoom, and decisions reflect directives from the Canadian Shield Regional Council, medical advice and legislation.
It has been decided that at this time, we are not re-opening before July 1. We will continue to produce online worship services and children's programs and we are implementing new Ontario Government legislation.
Please note the following changes and what remains the same, all of which is needed for contact tracing, if required. This applies to staff, volunteers, visitors and contractors/service providers, on each entry:
- Appointments are required if you have business at the Church – call Church Office (705 675-2171) to book, and if no answer, leave a message.
- Masks and use of the hand sanitizer provided, are required on entry.
- All who enter the Church are required to sign in and to complete the Screening Questionnaire required by new Ontario legislation - fill it out on site prior to entry
- On completion of the Screening Questionnaire, insert in an envelope provided, print your name and date on the front, seal, and leave in box provided; health information is confidential, will be stored securely and will only be opened if contact tracing is warranted.
- On departure, use the cleaning solution provided to wipe all surfaces you have touched.
- We are determined to help ensure the safety of all who enter St. Peter’s United Church. Thank you for your cooperation. Stay safe, be well.